Vegemite

The pot was boiling, the toaster was toasting and the chef was cooking. Everything was going to plan! Mr. Chef had prepared a meal for the judges on The Worlds Greatest Chef!  He was inventing a new spread for toast and bread. It was called, Vegemite. The judges names were Jeffery, Linda, Mandy and the Mare, Sarah. He had made his Vegemite and had the toast. It was…. Delicious! Mr. Chef served up the dishes and said, “Eat up!” But Jeffery didn’t want to.

“No,” he said, “I like Marmite.” Mr. Chef was completely shocked like the other 3 judges.

2 thoughts on “Vegemite”

1. I love how this one chef is the only one to say it. This text makes me want to read it way more that once. I loved how you said how they were feeling and even without saying that I could still tell the other 3 chefs were in shock and the end

2. Kia Ora Amelia. You have captured the essence of the on-going ‘debate’ about Vegemite versus Marmite, and opinions on which is best will always be divided! I really like your opening sentence – you’ve done a great job of setting the scene. Well done Amelia, super writing this week.